Smudge Stick (Yerba Santa w/ Statice & Mullein)
Traditionally used as a smudge or incense for protection and setting boundaries, Yerba Santa has also been used for love, purification, growth, empowerment and beauty, and the release of emotional pain stored in the heart chakra. Mullein is a sacred plant that supports the return of lost energy and help return your mind to peace. 5" - 6" length.
- Open a window for the flow of energy.
- Holding the smudge stick by one end, use a lighter to ignite the top.
- Blow out any open flames so that the leaves slowly smolder.
- Wave the smudging wand around to direct the fragrant, cleansing smoke.
- Catch ashes in a heat-resistant dish.
- Never leave burning smudges unattended and make sure it’s fully extinguished.
- If you’re having trouble smoldering, place it in an open sunny room for a couple of days to remove moisture from the bundle.
- Store in simple cardboard or open earthen dish or shell. Do not store in plastic or closed containers.
Nubian Hueman is a retail social enterprise specializing in sourcing and curating unique goods, fashion, and art by Black-owned and Brown-owned brands who represent the global diaspora through fabrics, ingredients, and cultural symbolism.