Intern - Fashion Merchandising and Buyer
REQUIREMENTS: The Fashion Merchandising and Buy intern(s) must be creative, fashion-forward with a working knowledge of computers, word processing systems, and database management software. All interns are mentored by the company CEO. The CEO will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Interns will work between 8-16 hours a week. Washington DC Metro Area preferred.
- Knowledgeable of current fashion trends and forecasting. Styling experience is a plus.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, collaborative, self-motivated, able to work independently, passionate, and hard working
- Solid and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and/or Mac
- Familiar with consumer behavior and selling trends
- Analytical, articulate, result-oriented and has excellent follow-up skills
We are looking for an intern to work with us on a wide variety of projects. The intern will:
- Perform and present research methods, findings, and conclusions.
- Attend and participates in meetings, events, presentations, and brainstorming sessions as directed.
- Develop and track initiative effectiveness.
- Assist with the development and updating of databases such as inventory management.
- Assist with administrative duties if necessary.
- Shop stores for fashion trends merchandising items to add to line.
- Find and achieve cost savings through sourcing of new suppliers, manufacturers and distributors.
- Maintain the vendor database and setup local vendors as needed.
- Maintain communication between Nubian Hueman and vendor account holders.
- Sample procurement and management.
- Support the team at photo-shoots and showings and store presentation.
- Assist with weekly selling recaps.
- Attend vendor market appointments to assist buyer.
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid internship; however, the company will provide a stipend contingent upon successful completion. College students may receive college credit.
To Apply: Please apply here and e-mail (1) writing sample in 300 words or less the answers to the below questions :
1. What do you see are strengths within the Nubian Hueman brand?
2. Where do you see opportunities within the Nubian Hueman brand?
Nubian Hueman, LLC
E-mail: (Business Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org