Intern - Special Events and Planning
REQUIREMENTS: The Special Events and Planning intern(s) must be have a keen sense for hospitality, extremely creative, able to work within a limited budget with a working knowledge of computers, word processing systems, and database management software. All interns are mentored by the company CEO. The CEO will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Interns will work between 8-16 hours a week. Washington DC Metro Area preferred.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, collaborative, self-motivated, able to work independently, passionate, and hard working
- Solid and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and/or Mac
- Must possess strong administrative & documentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and proactively follow up
- Analytical, articulate, result-oriented and has excellent follow-up skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
We are looking for an intern to work with us on a wide variety of projects. The intern will:
- Be responsible for event participant registrations.
- Research and cultivate partnerships to solicit and secure event sponsorship including in-kind donations (venues, products, services).
- Partners with marketing team on grassroots marketing and promotion activities and communications to successfully recruit and retain event participants.
- Assist with creation and coordination of event correspondence.
- Support regular event reporting and analysis process.
- Communicates with participants on a daily and weekly basis, ensuring appropriate and effective follow-up.
- Ensure full event support (volunteers, marketing pieces, website and social media updates).
- Join the team for meetings, presentations, and brainstorming sessions as directed.
- Assists with the development and updating of databases (such as event and volunteer databases).
- Coordinate logistics of event sales.
- Supervise and coordinate with event contractors.
- Assists with administrative duties if necessary.
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid internship; however, the company will provide a stipend contingent upon successful completion. College students may receive college credit.
To Apply: Please apply here and e-mail (1) writing sample in 300 words or less the answers to the below questions :
1. What do you see are strengths within the Nubian Hueman brand?
2. Where do you see opportunities within the Nubian Hueman brand?
Nubian Hueman, LLC
E-mail: (Business Manager) email@example.com