After a remarkable 4 years in Baltimore, MD, and 10 years of brick-and-mortar presence altogether, we have decided to close our Baltimore location. February 18, 2024 marks the last day of operation in this space. Trust that this is in no way the end of Nubian Hueman.
Gratitude and Excitement
As we close this chapter and begin the next, we reflect on the immense growth and connections we've made. This decision allows us to focus on our creative partnerships and alliances while continuing our commitment to work with Black and Brown-owned brands.
What Will Continue:
- Online Store: Explore our curated selection, including best sellers, exclusives, and carefully curated items.
- Rewards Program
- Select New Brands and Goods
- Gift Cards: Your existing gift cards remain valid for online purchases, however, this is a great opportunity to rack up!
- Very Select Pop-Ups
- Partnerships with Larger Corporations and Organizations
- Advocacy and Board Leadership: Our commitment to driving positive and equitable change within the arts, technology, entrepreneurship, and the Black community remains unwavering.
- Corporate Orders
- Customer Service
- Creative Work under the Nubian Hueman Brand in Baltimore, Washington DC, and Beyond: We're expanding our creative endeavors to new horizons.
What Will Discontinue:
- Subscriptions and Memberships
- Store Rentals & In-Store Pop-Ups
- Store Pick-ups
- Nubian Hueman App: This iteration will no longer be in service after February 11th.
A Special Thank You
A special thank you to our landlady Trish Ofori for her belief in us and our ongoing collaboration in designing spaces and creative placemaking through Nubian Hueman and her MakeSpace initiative.
A heartfelt thank you to the incredible team over the years, those who have stuck with us through the challenges, including our Howard University and Morgan State University interns. Your commitment and hard work have been instrumental in our journey, and I am immensely grateful for the energy and passion you brought to Nubian Hueman.
To the Baltimore community, artists, creatives, and brands we've had the privilege of working with — thank you. Some of the most talented individuals reside right here in Charm City.
Closing Sale & Quick Survey
Until February 18th, take advantage of our closing sale with discounts of up to 70% off (All sales final). HINT: You may want to visit to see what isn't available online. Our Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment Sale goes live on February 3rd...yes, some of the plants will be for purchase after my mama takes first pick.
This transition marks the beginning of exciting creative pivots, and we can't wait to share them with you. Your support over the last 10 years has been nothing short of a gift and a dream, and we look forward to continuing this journey in new capacities under the Nubian Hueman name.
With immense gratitude,
Anika Hobbs | Owner